In our 72th episode, we welcome Jessica Williamson, Founder of Somewear Elsewhere and Founder/Managing Director of Ete Swimwear. Jessica shares how she was able to make 6 figures in her first 12 months of selling a physical product and what she invested in that got her invited to New York Fashion Week in her first week of launching. If you have a product-based business or need some advice on photo shoots, influencer marketing or email marketing, this is the episode for you!
- Jessica talks about the most nourishing part of owning a business.
- How the corporate world can put limits on young professionals.
- She tells us how she knew it was time to leave her full-time job to pursue entrepreneurship.
- The benefits that come from focusing on your own business full-time.
- Jessica tells us the main thing she invested in that got her invited to New York Fashion Week.
- She discusses the important things to consider for a photo shoot.
- How Instagram can be vital in growing a business’ online presence.
- Tips on driving sales and standing out.
- The importance of email marketing for any business.
- Why you shouldn’t give up if people reject your proposals.
- Jessica shares the ratio between her accepted or rejected collaboration requests to show us how you have to have patience and tenacity.
- How influencers can help product-based business.
- Advice on how to stay focused and separate your emotions from your business.
- Jessica discusses her business’ cash-flow and the importance of investing in your business.
3 Key Points:
- After Jessica Williamson quit her job, her business grew 500% in the first month.
- Build your brand on Instagram with really high quality professional images that embody your brand, make you stand out, and make sure people take you seriously.
- Working with more than 400 influences has given Jessica a great idea of what works and what doesn’t.
Check out Jessica:
- Instagram: @jess.williamson8
- Linkedin: Jessica Williamson
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram.