Today, we welcome Holly Hatam, New-York Times Best-Selling Illustrator, Greeting Card Designer, Picture Book Maker, Author, and Designer. Holly discusses her dedicated path from going from graphic design to her core-love of illustration. Hear how Holly has maintained her belief in herself while overcoming stumbling blocks and transitioning into having her life changed by getting her current agent and becoming a successful children’s book author. Gain insight from how Holly navigates her family life as a mother and a wife while staying inspired as an authentic creative.
- The most nourishing part of Holly Hatam running her own business
- Holly’s backstory in design
- How Holly found her current agent
- Alex shares a personal low point in her life that built her strength
- How taking responsibility for her vibe benefited Holly’s life
- What practices and routines Holly uses for her energetic hygiene
- The challenges of being a mom and an entrepreneur
- How Holly balances busy seasons and family time
- Why time is crucial while developing your style and polishing your true skills
- Holly’s relationship with social media
- Where Holly gets most of her business from
- What books Holly has written
3 Key Points:
- Think about what you love and listen to your heart.
- Holly’s mantra is ‘I decide my vibe.’
- Everyday Holly reminds herself that ‘Something amazing is going to happen today.’
Check out Holly:
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way, Brendon Burchard
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram.