In today’s episode, I welcome Stu McLaren, membership website expert and business owner. Stu shares his experience balancing his responsibilities of being an entrepreneur and a family man. He talks about the lessons he’s learned as he started and grew his business, WishList Member, the world’s largest membership platform for WordPress, and his Tribe training program that teaches entrepreneurs about successful membership sites. If you’re looking at starting your own membership site, this episode is for you. Enjoy!
- The life and business changes that were made once him and his wife had children
- Stu tells us about the start of his career, focusing on the lessons he learned
- The value of figuring out what you’re really known for and focusing on it
- He talks about the main pitfalls owners make when they create membership sites
- We discuss the importance of playing the long game vs the short game in business
- He tells us how to identify the people you want to learn from and reach out to them
- The importance of creating moments & experiences for your clients
Check out Stu:
- Jump Start Your Brain by Doug Hall
- Jump Start Your Business Brain: The Scientific Way To Make More Money by Doug Hall
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by George McKeown
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
- It’s a Tribe Thing – Podcast
- Marketing Your Business – Podcast
P.S. Have you joined Project Storyline yet?! Jump in before registration closes TOMORROW!
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram.