Follow your heart.
Sian did and it took her for a ride of a lifetime across the globe. A talented graphic designer and photographer hailing from New Zealand, Sian Richardson wasn’t content with the life of a 9-to-5 job. She needed happiness infused with success—so she decided to explore her options. Her search took her across the vast habitats of Australia and eventually to Canada, blogging her lifestyle and travels all the while freelancing.
Inspired by her work in Graphic Design and Photography, Sian started her business helping clients find their brand identity which eventually led to starting her very own online magazine called “The Unmistakable Effect”.
Discover Sian’s business successes and struggles; how she connects with her audience, her tips on staying true to herself and above all, exploring all her options every single day.
- Introduction to Sian Richardson, Graphic Designer and Entrepreneur
- Why Sian chose to be an entrepreneur
- How Sian is able to plan her work around travel
- Transitioning from a normal job to a freelance entrepreneur in a gradual way
- How to put yourself into your work without making it all about you
- Don’t worry about being seen. Do what makes you happy
- How Sian transitioned from graphic design to creating online courses
- About selling an online course and how to launch it successfully
- The role of intuition in business
- Why traveling and changing scenery is critical for Sian’s business
- How a business owner’s relationship with money is in constant flux
- The journey of a content creator and how much content is “enough”
- The best marketing strategy is focusing on doing good work
- How good work trumps strategies every day
- The distinction between play and hustle
- Bringing more of yourself to the business
- A non-negotiable in the success of Sian’s business is putting herself into the business
- Every entrepreneur needs to be in tune with their gut to succeed
3 Key Points:
- Transitioning to be an entrepreneur can be a gradual shift.
- Being in tune with yourself and what you want can help you make life and business choices that are the best for you.
- Good marketing strategy isn’t strategy at all. Create value-adding content and it will market itself.
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram.
PS. I’m hosting a FREE Webinar tomorrow: 10 Instagram Story Tips, Tricks & Hacks for the Busy Entrepreneur! More info here.