In the 38th episode, we welcome Cara Alwill Leyba, best selling author, master life coach, and creator of The Champagne Diet blog. I love her because she encourages women to live their most effervescent lives, celebrate themselves every day, and make their happiness a priority. In this episode she shares how she found her passion life and developed the followers that make her successful today, she talks all about the behind the scenes of the publishing world, and she shares some advice for up and coming authors that you won’t want to miss.
- Introduction of Cara Alwill, Master Coach and Author
- How Cara kicked off her career as a storyteller
- How Cara made changes in her life to arrive at a place where she is thriving
- How Cara got creative about how she shares her passion
- Why it is important to pursue your passion and listen to yourself
- Why you should follow your path even when you don’t know what it looks like
- Why Cara created her platform on a blog
- The modern day publisher is looking for writers with a following
- How to turn a cloudy moment into a defined path
- How you can turn small things into your next big thing
- Why Cara decided to become a coach
- How the social media space has changed from 2008 to 2018
- What is the best way for up and coming authors to do well today
- Why it is important create your own content rather than recycle other people’s
- Why receiving a “hater” was transformational for Cara
- How Cara’s past brought her to where she is today
- Why it is important to be vulnerable on instagram
- Why it is important to reconnect with what you love to do
- Which channels are the most successful for Cara in developing an income
- How many copies does an author need to sell to make 5 figures a month
- Why quality is better than quantity
- How Cara plans her year and content
- How long it takes to create content
- How Cara got started being a life coach
- Why Cara avoids scrolling her instagram feed
- Rejection is just redirection
3 Key Points:
- Sometimes finding your path means moving in the direction of your passions without seeing the clear path.
- The modern day publisher is based on having a following.
- The best way to build your following is to be authentic.
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur
- She Owns the Place: Give Yourself the Gift of Confidence and Ignite Your Inner Magic
- Style Your Mind Podcast
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram