In the 36th episode, we welcome Erin May Henry, an Australian YouTuber, Podcast and Personal Branding Strategist. She shares how she grew her following over Youtube and how she has gotten to where she is today by casting aside the traditional 9-5 and finding freedom by working for herself.
When Erin graduated with a degree in Business and Public Relations in 2016, she decided not to join her peers in the hunt for internships and graduate positions and instead started a social media marketing agency. A year later she transformed her agency into a coaching and mentoring business which now helps hundreds of aspiring thought leaders all over the world build a recognizable brand and become known online.
- Meeting Erin May Henry
- How working for yourself allows you to make your own schedule
- How Erin May Henry got to where she is today
- Why you have to consistently believe in yourself when no one else does
- How to balance the business between strategy and creativity
- Why Erin doesn’t focus on educational strategies on Youtube
- How Erin increased her subscribers by 7,000 in days
- How to be a thought leader in your industry
- Three big pieces of advice for starting a Youtube show
- Why it is important to be clear on your intentions
- How much content do you need to create to be successful
- Why you should find a way to get Youtube to work for you
3 Key Points:
- Working for yourself can allow you to set your own schedule.
- Developing your business and following is a path filled with a lot of ups and downs.
- Focus on your personal goals rather than following others’ ideas of success. By following your heart, you will create a life that you love.
Check out Erin:
YouTube: Erin May Henry
Loved this and want more? Check out our other episodes here.
Spark a conversation! Leave a comment below or say hello @alexbeadon on Instagram.