There are certain rules I live by when it comes to my business.
The one I want to talk to you about today is this:
I must continue to actively and consciously create a business that supports me not only financially, but creatively, emotionally, AND spiritually. It’s about creating a job that doesn’t feel like “a job”, but more like a way of life.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and I came up with a method that I’ve been using to brainstorm new ideas to help implement this. Here it is:
2 Questions Every Soulful Entrepreneur Should Ask Themselves:
1) What’s something within your business that’s working really well and lights you up inside?
What is something you can pinpoint you LOVE doing within your business, that simultaneously is building your brand or adding to your bottom line? Be as specific as possible about WHY it lights you up, and the particular characteristic of it that really matters to you.
2) How can you create similar experiences within your business, in a way that would also help support your business?
What is it about your answer to Question #1 that lights you up? What is it about your answer that you can replicate in a way that would simultaneously excite you AND help grow your business?
I know it can be helpful to see someone else’s answers so …
Here are my answers:
1) What’s something within your business that’s working really well and lights you up?
I *love* the interactions that I have with the amazing people in The Spark Lounge. If I had to be super specific about it , I would say it’s the *intimacy* of the community that I love and that inspires me the most.
2) How can you create similar experiences within your business, in a way that would also help support your business in a legitimate way?
For me, the word that stands out in my answer is the word intimacy.
(note … this word will be different for you. make sure you find what it is that lights YOU up, and brainstorm on THAT.)
So my question then becomes:
How can I create more INTIMACY within my business in a way that will also help support my business in a substantial way?
This question sparked a LIGHTBULB MOMENT for me.
The brainstorm & thought-process that led up to the Lightbulb moment:
1) How can I create more INTIMACY within my business in a way that will also help SUPPORT my business?
2) Send out more heart-to-heart emails (more writing + more connection are both good things)
3) 25,000 emails is A LOT and will be costly. WARNING!
4) What if I only sent out these emails to super fans? To the people who really care to keep up to speed with me and my business?
5) Well… how do you separate those people from the rest?
6) What if I created a V.V.I.P. segment of my email list?
7) People would only receive the exclusive V.V.I.P. emails if they opened my previous email – eradicating those who aren’t truly interested!
8) YES!!! LIGHT BULB MOMENT! This would not only add more intimacy into my business by allowing me to share my heart and soul with a select few, but it would ALSO reward those who open my emails more frequently!
See what happened there?
Thanks to two simple questions and a simple brainstorming sesh, I was able to come up with a brand new idea for my business that REALLY excites me in both a PERSONAL, CREATIVE way and a PROFIT-BASED way.
Sit down. Ask yourself the two questions. Brainstorm. See what comes of it. I bet it’s all good.
Always by your entrepreneurial side,
Be Brave. Leave a Comment.
1) What’s something within your business that’s working really well, and lights you up and excites you inside that you could create MORE of? For me it was intimacy, what is it for you?
2) What do you think of my idea of having a secret V.V.I.P. section of my list that you can *only* be on if you opened my previous email. Thoughts?
3) Did you get my email yesterday? If so – you were on yesterday’s V.V.I.P. list! *throws confetti* … did you like the Goody Bag at the end? 😀