TO STAY UP TO DATE ON ALL THAT IS GOING ON!

My answer to the question ‘How’s Business?’

Hey friends!

OOOOoooooh! I feel like I’m *just* squeezing this into your inbox before the end of this gorgeous Tuesday and I couldn’t be happier about it.

Chatty Tuesday #153 includes a run-down of my answer to the question “How’s business?” along with my advice for people who feel like they’re putting out tons of great content to *very little* response.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT NOW:

Make sure you sign up for my VIP List to get these emailed to you each week along with a table of contents of what the video includes.

LEAVE A COMMENT:

1. What was your big “AHA” moment from this video?
  2. Do you ever feel like you’re putting out content to very little response?

Sending you so much love,
xoxo
Alex

17 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Louise CantonSeptember 7, 2016 - 12:51 am

love this video, great advice at the end, thank you!ReplyCancel

• Natalie EberhardSeptember 7, 2016 - 1:13 am

Alex, I did like this video! Congrats on being so fulfilled in your business and purpose! My aha moment was realizing that things that make me unique as an individual are what will make myou business stand out. I’m not sure I’m in tune with who I am so I’m working on that.ReplyCancel

• MeganSeptember 7, 2016 - 1:22 am

I think in a world full of advice on how to become the next big thing/promotions mogul, it’s so easy to try to follow other people’s path to success. I love the idea of taking your strengths and what makes you unique and amplifying them! What you said has sort of been floating around in the back of my mind, but you crystallized it and put it into words. Thanks, Alex!ReplyCancel

• NicoleSeptember 7, 2016 - 1:34 am

Love this video! Biggest take away for me: stop being vanilla. I posted a little rant on my IG & FB feeds today, and felt bad as I posted it. Definitely leaving it now:) The rant is authentically me and speaks to how I actually feel, not based on what I think people want to hear me say. Thank you!ReplyCancel

• MelissaSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:18 am

I really enjoyed this Alex! I especially found the question at the end of the video you put out there for everyone brilliant and super helpful!ReplyCancel

• Monica GalvanSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:21 am

👻 👻 👻
    I loved the personal / business updates throughout this video and casual feel of it (how do your videos continue to get more and more amazing?!). Sometimes I feel like I put out content with little response but more than that sometimes I feel like when I DON’T put out content, will anyone notice? So kind of the opposite I guess.ReplyCancel

• Joshua HowardSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:37 am

Another excellent video, Alex! I love the way that you add the extra bit that the technical trainings leave out…

This video helped me to rethink my self expression in my business–something I’ve been doing since coming across your videos months ago. Given the nature of what I do, I have a fear of over disclosing (a big taboo in my industry); however, I’m finding that people really respond to it. I wrote an incredibly personal blog post about myself and my industry and people loved it. I even got a very deep Facebook comment–a rare event indeed!

I constantly feel like I’m putting out content with almost no response. I feel like a marketer who occasionally does hypnosis rather than a hypnotherapist! But I think you’re right, the problem is that my content is too bland, TL;DR, or eh. I need to make sure to make it more valuable and real to me and what I do.ReplyCancel

• KimSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:53 am

You are just great!!! Love the energy. Seriously thought you were gonna spill that coffee any second hahaha

Life is tough with me… 3 little ones, hubs is home from work on injury and im swamped in photos… You always seem to someone let me know… That I got this! Thank you for that!ReplyCancel

• KimSeptember 7, 2016 - 2:54 am

Typo on my email… OopsReplyCancel

• DebraSeptember 7, 2016 - 10:34 am

Hi Alex!
    I loved your video and my big a-ha moment was when you mentioned how international you are. My Facebook group is called The Instagram Jet Set but I have been focusing so much on the Instagram part that I have almost forgotten to share my love of travel and culture.
    I definitely feel like I am putting content out there but not converting any clients so I am going to take your advice and turn the volume up on my personality!

• Amanda NelsonSeptember 7, 2016 - 5:29 pm

I am SO in love with this video! I have two businesses and different social media accounts for them. On one I have recently changed my “voice” in the posts (being more open, etc) while the other account I started to neglect because of the lack of a response I was getting. When I started being more open on the other account, I was getting more comments, likes, and overall a greater response! It felt awesome! I’m trying to keep that up on both accounts, and I hope it works for my other business.

Thank you for being so wonderful and spot on with all of your content. Keep up the amazing work you do! <3ReplyCancel

• Amy RoySeptember 7, 2016 - 7:56 pm

I love you Alex! You have inspired me so much as the person I am transitioning into and my dream business <3 Keep rocking for us! <3ReplyCancel

• Francheesca SmithSeptember 7, 2016 - 11:07 pm

This is great!
    As a photographer and full time college student I find it hard to get people to bite. I love being a photographer and I love sharing that passion, but I also love getting paid. Being around a bunch of broke college kids though means that my closest potential clients are not exactly ready to pay, even if I don’t charged much. Thank you for making me ask myself what makes me different and unique. I am going to ponder this question.ReplyCancel

• AlexSeptember 8, 2016 - 1:10 pm

Thank you for all your wonderful content Alex! Love your transparency and how you break things down to make it simple and relatable! You da bomb! 😄ReplyCancel

• JoyceSeptember 8, 2016 - 7:18 pm

Your message is so on point. We all have strengths of some kind and just need to allow others to see them. Thanks for all you doReplyCancel

• MariahSeptember 11, 2016 - 2:40 pm

Alex this was a wonderful video! I have to say the things that hit home for me were the “being vanilla” part and really playing and tuning into what makes me unique. I *know* deep down that my sense of kindness and caring is what is unique about me and I need to turn it up on that no matter how broad it sounds right now. I think focusing on Snapchat the past month I am slowly getting there- I am showing not only my exciting bubbly part of me but the quiet thoughtful part as well, which is something I’ve felt I had to be one or the other.
    This last quarter of the year is go time as me creating my business hits its one year mark. I am eager to see what the response will be like when I put out the content.
    XOXOReplyCancel

• SabrinaSeptember 20, 2016 - 10:58 pm

Thank you so much! When you said that people were often too vanilla, cookie cutter, too polished and just like everyone else, that hit home for me. I feel like I look at all of these websites for other photographers and think oh thats a good idea, maybe I should do that! But instead I need to focus on the things that make me different from everyone, I need to find my strengths and”turn up the volume” as you said. Another thing is that I need to ask for the sale. I feel like I put stuff out there, post images from my shoots and people comment on them and say, “oh wow that’s really awesome” but then they dont book me. Maybe I should be including a call to action, a “book your session now” button or something to turn that enthusiasm into PAID clients!

Why is it that I have a degree in advertising and I was in retail sales for 10 years, but when it comes to MY business I seem to FORGET all of the stuff I learned?! Then I watch these videos or read books and blogs about marketing and I’m like oh yeah I knew that! I used to do that when I worked at XYZ or we learned that in school…

Thanks so much I always get so much from your videos!ReplyCancel

Menu