TO STAY UP TO DATE ON ALL THAT IS GOING ON!

Monday Mantra #005 – “how you do anything is how you do everything”

monday mantra 5

Today is February 29th. At the end of each month, I love doing a round-up of all of the things that went RIGHT that month, and all of the things worth celebrating. Since we’re finishing up the second month of the year, I can’t help but compare it to the first month of the year.

February was a fantastic month, full of insane amounts of fun, family time, and new experiences – but there was something special about January, and I think it comes down to the fact that I had a strong sense of flow.

When I talk about flow, I’m talking about a sense of momentum. A sense of continuous movement in the right direction. It’s almost like you’re riding a wave – once you catch it, it effortlessly carries you to where you need to go, your only job is to be present in the moment to make sure that you keep your balance. It’s like constantly being ‘in the zone’.

I wanted to chose a Monday Mantra this week that would act as the perfect invitation to more FLOW in my life, and I came up with this:

“HOW YOU DO ANYTHING IS HOW YOU DO EVERYTHING”

I wish I could remember the first person who introduced this quote to me, but I simply can’t.

love this mantra, because it highlights the importance of every single thing that we do throughout our day. I believe that to experience a sense of flow, it requires showing up in every moment and doing your best. If you want to be the best version of yourself, you need to consistently be putting in the effort to be the best version of yourself.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Experiencing the contrast of January and February side-by-side made me realize for the first time ever just how much I value flow in my life.

I now know that FLOW is something I want to consciously focus on cultivating more of.

In order to consciously cultivate more flow in my life, I asked myself two very important questions (I invite you to do the same):

1) WHAT ENCOURAGES FLOW IN MY LIFE?

• A consistent work-out routine
  • Clear intentions and desires that I review daily
  • Organized living space
  • Visualization + meditation
  • Organized + systematized work routine
  • Reading inspiring books
  • Conscious content consumption

2) WHAT PREVENTS FLOW IN MY LIFE?

• Procrastination
  • Unclear priorities
  • Distractions

The more I sat with this, the more I realized that when *one* piece of the puzzle fell apart, they all seemed to fall apart.

So this week’s mantra fits perfectly. HOW YOU DO ANYTHING IS HOW YOU DO EVERYTHING.

If I keep up with a consistent work out routine, I’m far more likely to keep my living space organized, and I’m far more likely to stick to my goals and intentions for the week. It’s that simple.

Leave a comment:

Here in the world of Alex Beadon, I believe in the power of commenting. If I enjoy something you created, the least I can do is let you know by leaving a comment. To make it even easier for you, here’s a list of questions for you to answer:

1. What do you think encourages flow in your life?
  2. What do you think prevents flow in your life?
  3. What were your thoughts on this week’s Monday Mantra?

Can’t wait to hear from you,
xoxo
Alex

17 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Fida IslaihFebruary 29, 2016 - 8:44 pm

A morning head start is what gets the flow going for me while distraction prevents the flow. I don’t know how to say it but something clicked in my mind when I read the mantra. It reminds me to be aware of my day. Thanks for sharing!ReplyCancel

• JenniferFebruary 29, 2016 - 9:10 pm

What do you think encourages flow in your life?
    – I do a few things to get in my flow.
    1) Plan for the week ahead
    2) Dedicate a day to relax
    3) Stick to my morning routine, even on Saturday mornings.
    4) Knock out my biggest project first since it takes the most energy and know I’ve accomplished something that day.
    5) Be aware of my needs and energy for tasks
    6) Get enough sleep

What do you think prevents flow in your life?
    – Not enough focus when I haven’t planned enough for the week.

What were your thoughts on this week’s Monday Mantra?
    – This is a great mantra! Keeping consistency in every aspect of life makes things easier all around.

Love these monday mantras! Keep them coming, please Alex!
    JenniferReplyCancel

• JenniferFebruary 29, 2016 - 9:10 pm

What do you think encourages flow in your life?
    – I do a few things to get in my flow.
    1) Plan for the week ahead
    2) Dedicate a day to relax
    3) Stick to my morning routine, even on Saturday mornings.
    5) Be aware of my needs and energy for tasks
    6) Get enough sleep

What do you think prevents flow in your life?
    – Not enough focus when I haven’t planned enough for the week.

What were your thoughts on this week’s Monday Mantra?

Love these monday mantras! Keep them coming, please Alex!
    JenniferReplyCancel

• KajalFebruary 29, 2016 - 9:35 pm

This is mantra is soo good! Flow in my life is hugely based on how I am treating myself. I always make an intention to go through the day with joy and ease – because is what I really ‘after’ life, and when I am in my space of joy and ease, I can make a bigger impact through my life. What prevents flow in my life – when I don’t give to myself and look for the outside world to give to me – not giving myself the time, clarity, kindness and compassion. I love this week’s mantra! So good, thanks for sharing Alex! xReplyCancel

• GieFebruary 29, 2016 - 11:50 pm

Really loved last weeks mantra wallpaper. If you do not continue to make those, I guess I’ll make some for myself, bc I think it’s a great way to remind myself of mantra at all times. Thank you for an amazing idea.ReplyCancel

• KylanMarch 1, 2016 - 12:54 am

I really love this week’s Monday Mantra! This quote really made me think hard about what I’ve been doing and the reasons why I haven’t improved in certain areas in my life. I will now add this quote to my memory bank!ReplyCancel

• Monica AguinagaMarch 1, 2016 - 2:58 am

For me, flow has everything to do with planning, scheduling and setting deadlines. I found that when I don’t write down what needs to be done, it just..doesn’t get done.
    I’m really digging these Monday mantras. Keep them coming.ReplyCancel

• Natalia CristureanMarch 1, 2016 - 6:06 am

Hi Alex!

What encourages my flow is:
    1. When I feel good about myself and the attention I’m providing my husband and kids.
    2. Reading inspiring books.
    3. Having clear goals set.
    What prevents my flow is:
    1. Distractions, i.e. social media. I haven’t been able to focus on more important things. To fix this I’ve only set aside an hour at night to catch up on it. Since I’m a blogger I can’t just take a break from it completely. I’m planning on doing this for the month of March. Wish me luck!
    2. Procrastination.

I love this weeks Monday Mantra, because I’m really trying to do “life” better. Between the husband, kids, cooking, cleaning and blogging, I’ve got to step up my game. Thank you so much for sharing this! <3ReplyCancel

• KellyMarch 1, 2016 - 8:35 am

What do you think encourages flow in your life? Surrender…aka nonresistance
    What do you think prevents flow in your life? STRESS
    What were your thoughts on this week’s Monday Mantra? LOVE IT! (Plus love your snaps!!! You inspired me to get a snapchat and I’m so glad I did!)ReplyCancel

• ValerieMarch 1, 2016 - 1:25 pm

Thank you! This is so inspiring. Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to do so much I’m half-assing things along the way. It drives me crazy so I needed this mantra to remind that if anything is worth doing it’s worth putting my all into it. Because who wants to go through life half assed?!? Thank you so much!ReplyCancel

• AmandaMarch 1, 2016 - 2:34 pm

“How you do anything is how you do everything.” by T. Harv Eker 🙂

What a great mantra for this week! I’ve been pondering this for a while now. What makes me happy? When am I most productive? What did I do different to attract more clients in my life? and the answer was along the lines of “flow”.

What do you think encourages flow in my life is consistency and focus. Being clear on what I need to accomplish, allocating time for self, health, friends/family, business. Finding a true balance between the juggle of life and business is when I am most productive/successful.

What do you think prevents flow in my life is the lack of consistency.. The lack of planning. Going about the day completely scatter brained and not focused. When I plan the week ahead on a Saturday or Sunday, I am so much more clear for the days ahead and evidently, I get more things done!

Because of this, I have been focusing much on preparation. I’ve been planning and scheduling two weeks in advance. Telling my clients that I need to be scheduled in advance. At first, I was nervous to tell them that I can’t see them on short notice, but I am so happy that I have started this new schedule. My clients now appreciate my time more and are more respectful when we do meet for our appointments. It’s so easy to say “YES” to everyone, especially for people who live close by and you can drop by whenever… but I have found that saying YES to everyone was spreading myself too thin. I can’t provide great content/ideas/inspiration on an empty tank.ReplyCancel

• RachelMarch 1, 2016 - 2:34 pm

It’s so funny that you posted this because I was just about to write a blog post on the same thing! I have been working a job in which I am constantly switching between day and night shift and I never know what I will be working until the Sunday of that week. I have learned that creating the life you want is not a matter of how much time you have, but routine. Achievement requires will power, but the more you make working toward them habits, the less will power it takes. Working this job, I have to motivate myself nearly from scratch every single day, and I find myself craving the ability to dedicate a specified time every day to my activities.ReplyCancel

• Eva @ Design CaféMarch 1, 2016 - 7:26 pm

This is so true, Alex! I am still struggling to keep the flow in all aspects of my life and what you write really hits close to home for me.ReplyCancel

• PattMarch 2, 2016 - 1:27 am

I was at one of T. Harv Eker’s trainings this weekend and that mantra came up a lot! Then serendipity, my friend (who has told me about your site before) forwards your email to me! Loving your site, by the way! For me, gratitude for I have now and celebrating every little success keeps energy flowing so that I can accomplish more. I keep habits of when I work on my own business after my job. Our brains work well with habit and routine so I try to be strict about that. Also I’m cautious when my little whiny voice wants to take me out because I know if I give in, I’ll feel worse tomorrow and it’s harder to get the flow back! Also huge: we are all pretty good at keeping our word to others but not so much at keeping it to ourselves. If I promise myself that I will do something, will a sliver or a sore toe or a headache take me out of the game? When I’m tempted, I ask myself, if I was at work at my job, would I go home or quit working? And if not, why won’t I give myself the same energy? That usually snaps me back into reality!ReplyCancel

• TonyaMarch 2, 2016 - 4:09 am

I attended a seminar this weekend and that was one of the quotes that was used there. It really stuck out for me and to have you use it made it speak to me. Definitely time to make some consistent changes!ReplyCancel

• AnnetteMarch 20, 2016 - 9:46 am

Hi, stubled upon your blog last night! 🙂 love it!
    You’ve used an image of my “neighbourhood” – Pulpit Rock, Lysefjorden, Norway:) yey:)ReplyCancel

• Joshua HowardAugust 23, 2016 - 1:38 am

1) What encourages flow in my life?
    * being passionate about what I do – I can work to death on something I’m passionate about
    * discovering things, unpacking problems, solving issues
    * an idea of what I’m doing at the moment/a plan, even if loose

2) What prevents flow?
    * doubt
    * imposter syndrome
    * fear of failure
    * I always want to look good/not mess up horribly/excel – if I can’t, I will sometimes self sabotage.

3) Thoughts on this week’s mantra?
    * It’s reminiscent of Sartre’s “Existentialism is a Humanism”, “the existentialist says that the coward makes himself cowardly, the hero makes himself heroic; and that there is always a possibility for the coward to give up cowardice and for the hero to stop being a hero. What counts is the total commitment, and it is not by a particular case or particular action that you are committed altogether.” Intriguing thought to help one grasp their place in life fully.ReplyCancel

Menu