I follow you everywhere (on social media haha, didn’t mean to scare you there), and I’m curious about using snapchat for my own business, just for fun (I’m a wedding photographer so I’d like to share on the go behind the scenes from shoots and my office everyday life).
Dear Snappy Happy,
First and foremost, I think it’s magnificent that you’re on Snapchat. Here’s why:
In the land of social media, Snapchat is the “cool kid on the block” right now. And guess what? It was deemed as the 3rd most popular social app among millennials by TechCrunch. Snapchat works really well for you as a wedding photographer because the people using Snapchat the most right now are aged 18 through 34. This is the perfect age for you because these are people who are either getting married soon, or know of someone who is getting married soon. The truth is, Snapchat has people’s full attention right now. It’s new, fun, and cool, and as Gary Vaynerchuk would say – it hasn’t been ruined by marketers yet. In other words, the fact that you’re an early adopter of Snapchat is HUGE because there’s not that many business owners who are thinking of using Snapchat in creative, unique ways to market their business, and therefore there’s a lot less competition for people’s attention. Compare this to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, where people are being overloaded with marketing content from businesses big and small, and you’ll see what I mean!
Here’s how you can let your new followers see your story on Snapchat without having to add them and overpopulate your Snapchat News Feed:
1) Open the Snapchat App and press the ghost at the top, center of your screen (where you take pictures)
2) Click the settings icon at the top, right hand side of your screen
3) Scroll down to where it says “Who can … Send me snaps and View my Story” and change to “Everyone”
WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU’VE ALREADY FOLLOWED WHO ARE CLUTTERING YOUR NEWS FEED?
Once you’ve set your settings to “anyone can view my story”, you can go ahead and delete them. Once you delete them as a friend, they won’t show up in your news feed anymore, but you will show up in theirs! Here’s how to do this:
1) Click the ghost icon at the top, center of your screen
2) Click “My Friends”
3) Tap the person’s name you want to remove
4) Click the “Settings” icon
5) Click “Remove Friend”
The wonderful thing about making your stories visible to ‘everyone’ is that once people add you, you won’t have to add them back. They will already have full access to your story! YAY!
I hope this helped, Snappy Happy! And I hope that *you* have a brilliant day! 🙂
With love and sparkles,
LEAVE A COMMENT – IT’S GOOD FOR BUSINESS:
- Are you on Snapchat, yet? If so – let’s be friends! Add me: thealexbeadon
- Did you find this article helpful? Will you be making your Snapchat Stories public so that whenever someone adds you, they automatically get access to your story?
- What are your thoughts on Snapchat so far? Do you think it’s here to stay?
- Do you use Snapchat often?
- How many friends do YOU have on Snapchat?